Alisha Jade

The artwork of Alisha Jade McKnight

Monday 6 June 2011

Exhibition 'Bring Mask, Wear Goggles, Your Face Hurts My Eyes'




Bring Mask, Wear Goggles, Your Face Hurts My Eyes Exhibition,
14/02/2011 - 18/03/2011 at Northumbria University, Gallery North Project Space.

For the exhibition, the group decided on a theme relating to health and safety and the issues that it creates in relation to artistic practice and procedure in the studio/gallery space.

For my artwork (above) I wanted to create a sculptural installation that related to the theme of Health & Safety.  I decided to use a toaster and put metal forks inside to associate the sculpture with danger and raised the issue of health and safety but also gave the sculpture hedgehog characteristics adding a humourous theme that relates to the spiked forks; the use of a turps cabinet as a plynth helps to enhance the theme of health and saftey.
The accompanying monoprint adds an authorative tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment